Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DIY Last Minute Christmas Presents

Ahhhh! I don't have a Christmas present for ____________.
Don't you worry because I have just the quick and easy DIY present for you. You can customize this gift for anyone; a child, boyfriend, sister, aunt, dad, friend, co-worker, etc.

Caution! What you are about to read may shock you.
1. Go to your local hardware store and purchase a vent cover (numerous sizes available)
2. Choose the recipient and customize the Vent-A-Thought, Vent-A-Bling, etc.
3. If desired, paint the whole vent or paint designs such as words, polka-dots, etc.
4. Simply thread the ribbon through the slats of the vent.
5. Pull the ribbon through the skrewer holes at the top and the bottom. Be sure to leave enough ribbon length at the top to use as a hanger. Make a knot at the bottom holes.
6. Attach magnets to the back of the vent for another use such as displaying Vent-A-? on your refrigerator or filing cabinet.
7. So versatile! Use magnets to display pictures, messages, hang knecklaces, etc. Use mini close pins to clip recipe cards, pictures, etc. Ribbon is great for clipping pacifier holders, pinning brooches (jewelry), and securing notes. Hang the earrings on the vent slats.

Voila!
Vent-A-Thought
Vent-A-Bling

If I can do it, so can you! 

I want to help you quickly put this together so that you can gift it to your loved one or friend.
Today's Gift: An e-gift card for $10 at Lowes
Today's Question: Have you made a homemade gift for your friend, family, etc? What was it?
Include your name and email address with your answer.


15 comments:

  1. Last year I made Christmas candy too my granddad and my best friend :)

    / Stina gidefix@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! What a great gift idea! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am attempting this one for my wife for Christmas... we shall see how it turns out, I am half way done right now.

    http://i.imgur.com/O7AbB.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute, Whitney. I love to bead and make cookies so that's what I am making this year.

    Natalie
    purrfectsparkles@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a large photo frame using a cardboard and some beads and painted it beautifully. I sent to my best friend with a collage of our pictures from college on Christmas. She loved it.

    Sheenam
    sheenam_puri@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jonathan that is beautiful. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made christmas tree ornaments - clear globa ornaments with glitter thrown in, print out a picture of you and the person you are gifting to on clear photo paper, and cut to size of globe diameter, and slip inside, tie pretty ribbon to top of globe and voila!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a niece who loves crafts and loves steam punk so im making this and painting it coppery and stenciling clock works on it she will love it ty so much

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm making a dress fro my daughter this year. casidyanne at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome gift idea!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made Xmas tree from paper as a gift last year :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never made a homemade kind of gift unless you count food. Great idea!
    llukomsky@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. First glance I chuckled, and then I started liking it. Good idea. When I was a kid we always had 1 home made gift. I wish I would have pushed it with my kids when they were younger. Not too late to start.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This year I sewed my dad a "carry all" for his tractor. It has pockets for allergy medicine, a face mask, tissues (clearly he has allergy problems), a first-aid kit, etc... I even sewed a ziploc bag into one pocket so that he could put in ice to keep his water cold!
    marykathryn13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Mary Kathryn you won the Lowes gift card! I love the idea of the gift you sewed for your dad! That is very thoughtful and unique

    ReplyDelete